Building Inspections and Permits.
The Building Division of the Community Development
Department currently consists of a Chief Building Official, three
Building Inspectors, and a Building Permit Technician.
for a building permit, the following items must be submitted:
*one CD (digital copy) and 2 complete building plans with the engineer wet stamp on them.
**SITE PLANS need to be submitted with the building plans and include the following
- Power Transformers
- Power Pedestals
- Phone Pedestals
- Cable Television
- Sewer Lateral Lines
- Water Meter
- Fire Hydrant
- Width of the curb cut you are proposing
Wall anchorage requirements have been revised as follows. In 6st line change
"3/16in X 2in X 2in" to "1/4in X 3in X 3in"
Please be aware that roof nailing inspections are now being required. Safe
ladders are to be made available by the contractor.
Also termite certificates will need to be submitted for your final certificate
of occupancy along with the other required certificates.
The design criteria for buildings and structures
are subject to the following adopted codes and standards, these
standards can be purchased
- 2009 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2009 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2008 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2009 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2009 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2009 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous
- 2009 Edition of the Uniform Code for Building
- Ground Snow Load - 21 lbs
- Wind Speed - 90 mph
- Seismic design Category - D1
- Frost Line - 6" depth
- Termite Rating - Moderate to Heavy Infestation
Inspections are required for each level of construction,
the Building Division at 656-6326 to obtain current levels and to schedule
an inspection when a particular level of construction will
be ready for inspection, if you receive the voicemail please
leave a message. When calling please leave your name, call back
number, building permit number, property address where construction
is taking place, and the type of inspection being requested. The
Building Inspectors try to perform the requested inspections within
48 hours but the timing depends on the current workload and the
number of available inspectors.